Celox-A is an Applicator with 6g of Celox Granules
Saves Time. Saves Blood. Saves Lives.
• Delivers 6g directly
• Promotes Rapid Coagulation
• Works in hypothermic conditions
• Clots heparinized blood
The first high-speed hemostatic delivery system for gunshot, blast, or stab wounds. The applicator was designed to give the caregiver a simple and effective tool to apply CeloxTM to the source of severely bleeding wounds.
When placed directly into a bleeding wound and subjected to pressure CELOXTM absorbs blood and forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood. CeloxTM has repeatedly and reliably demonstrated the ability to stop arterial bleeding in independent US Navy severe bleeding tests(1).
In a published 2011 comparison(2), CeloxTM-A outperformed Combat GauzeTM in a lethal penetrating trauma model in both Initial Hemostasis and Survival.
Instructions for use...
1. Tear open CeloxTM-A packet and select applicator.
2. Remove clear plastic tab from the top of the applicator and insert plunger into barrel of the applicator containing the CeloxTM granules.
3. Remove blue plastic cap from the end of applicator, just prior to use.
4. Insert applicator with attached plunger as far into wound as possible.
5. Slowly push plunger in as you withdraw the applicator from the wound.
6. Cover the wound with gauze and apply firm pressure for five minutes.
7. If bleeding persists, use second applicator and apply pressure for 5 minutes.
8. Apply pressure bandage.
9. Seek Medical Care as soon as Possible.
10. Show empty pack to medical personnel.
11. Discard any used or partially used
Posted by Unknown on 4th Jul 2016
We fish off shore and bought this and the bleeding control kit to make sure, in the event of serious injury, we have the time to get back or wait for transport to trauma center. We will also carry the bag with us where ever we go now that we have it.