Celox Gauze Z-Fold Hemostatic Gauze 3 inches x 10 feet
A professional product to help stop moderate to severe bleeding
When placed directly into a bleeding wound and subjected to pressure CeloxTM Gauze absorbs blood and forms a muco-adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood.
In a recent Navy study(1), CeloxTM Gauze clearly and consistently outperformed competitors in several areas relevant to a Combat or Tactical Medic. They include: Immediate Hemostasis (defined as a 3 minute compression period), Post-Application Blood Loss, and most notably, Survival.
Instructions for use...
1. Tear open pack. Take out the CeloxTM Z-Fold Gauze and take hold of one end with the other hand.
2. Tightly pack the unfolding CeloxTM Z-Fold Gauze directly to the source of the bleeding. Pack remaining wound cavity with CeloxTM Z- Fold Gauze or standard gauze. Excess CeloxTM Z-Fold Gauze can be torn or cut if necessary.
3. Apply FIRM pressure directly to the wound for a 3 minutes. If bleeding persists apply direct pressure for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Wrap and tie with a bandage so as to maintain pressure on the wound.
5. Discard any remaining CeloxTM Z-fold Gauze.
6. Transfer patient to medical facility as soon as possible.
7. Show empty pack to medical personnel.
Every Celox product should be used by personnel with advanced training. Doom and Bloom, LLC is not liable for any misuse by anyone.