ThyroSafe™ is the only FDA approved Potassium Iodide (KI) tablet with 65 mg. strength. This is essential for promptly dosing children, who are always more at risk than adults. The FDA Guideline suggests: "For the sake of logistical simplicity in the dispensing and administration of KI to children, FDA recommends a 65-mg. dose as standard for all school-age children while allowing for the adult dose (130 mg., 2 X 65 mg. tablets) in adolescents approaching adult size."
- Each packet provides 20, 65mg tablets
- Adult Dose = 2 tablets daily, 10 day protection
- Child Dose = 1 tablet (3+ yrs), 20+ day protection
- One packet per person recommended by FDA
- No prescription required - OTC
- FDA Expiration date: Feb 2017
- Detailed Dosing Instructions Included