ThyroSafe™ is the only FDA approved Potassium Iodide (KI) tablet with 65 mg. strength. This is essential for promptly dosing children, who are always more at risk than adults. The FDA Guideline suggests: "For the sake of logistical simplicity in the dispensing and administration of KI to children, FDA recommends a 65-mg. dose as standard for all school-age children while allowing for the adult dose (130 mg., 2 X 65 mg. tablets) in adolescents approaching adult size."
These were delivered in April 2023.
The "Expiration date" marked on the boxes is 2030 (this stable compound will never change or breakdown, therefore expiration dates are not really relevant here).
- Each packet provides 20, 65mg tablets
- Adult Dose = 2 tablets daily, 10 day protection
- Child Dose = 1 tablet (3+ yrs), 20+ day protection
- One packet per person recommended by FDA
- No prescription required - OTC
- Detailed Dosing Instructions Included
Despite an eventual “expiration date” Thyrosafe will never change chemistry or decrease effectiveness.