The 5th GEN (1.5" WIDE) SOF Tactical Tourniquet is constructed of quality, high strength materials. The windlass is manufactured from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in the most extreme temperatures and conditions.
Available in ORANGE color ONLY at this time.
The 5th GEN (1.5" WIDE) SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is one of the top performing tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. While some military units have replaced their issued tourniquets with the SOF®TT, others military units have implemented SOP's stating that the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is to be used on all lower extremity bleeds. That means the SOF®TT is the tourniquet trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
The key to successful implementation of a device to be used in a high stress environment is training and ease of use. For law enforcement officers, application of the tourniquet is similar to the use of a hobble. This existing level of familiarity reduces training time and aids in the effectiveness of the device. Made in the USA.
Advantages of the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing.
- Simple application. The SOF®TT is applied the same to an arm or leg.
- Durability. The SOF®TT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-ring is molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
Noteworthy Features of the SOF® Tourniquet:
1) Performance Compression Band
- Reinforced polyester webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5" width, the performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
2) Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass. The contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in fewer windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
3) Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion. The buckle's shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
4) High-strength Aluminum Windlass
- Machined from a single aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock, the 5.5” windlass features signature conical ends and grip-friendly texture for consistent torque. Its anodized finish minimizes impacts from environmental elements for durability in any scenario.
5) Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip™ (TRAC)
- Conveniently holds the windlass in place until you can secure it into the Tri-Ring Lock™. The Trac provides steady handling during tough applications and enhances control for one-handed movements.
6) Tri-Ring Lock™
- Complete the tourniquet application by securing the windlass into the Tri-Ring Lock. It can easily be manipulated with just one hand and prevents the windlass from shifting during patient movement.
7) Time tag
- A tag for documenting the tourniquet application time.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
How to Apply a Tourniquet: SOF-TQ
Easy step by step instructions on how to use and place a tourn...
How To Use A Tourniquet Correctly: 10 Critical Principles of Tourniquet Use
Training for how to properly use and apply a tourniquet involv...
Active Shooter: How to Stop Bleeding Demonstration with a Control Kit
Do you know how to stop severe bleeding from gunshot, knife or...