The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is constructed of quality, high strength materials. The windlass is manufactured from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in the most extreme temperatures and conditions.
The SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is one of the top performing tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. While some military units have replaced their issued tourniquets with the SOF®TT, others military units have implemented SOP's stating that the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is to be used on all lower extremity bleeds. That means the SOF®TT is the tourniquet trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
The key to successful implementation of a device to be used in a high stress environment is training and ease of use. For law enforcement officers, application of the tourniquet is similar to the use of a hobble. This existing level of familiarity reduces training time and aids in the effectiveness of the device.
Advantages of the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing.
- Simple application. The SOF®TT is applied the same to an arm or leg.
- Durability. The SOF®TT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
- Reliable. The SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Velcro®, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Safety set screw prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.
- Dual locking rings offer a back up locking system.
Made in the USA.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
How to Apply a Tourniquet: SOF-TQ
Easy step by step instructions on how to use and place a tourn...
How To Use A Tourniquet Correctly: 10 Critical Principles of Tourniquet Use
Training for how to properly use and apply a tourniquet involv...
Active Shooter: How to Stop Bleeding Demonstration with a Control Kit
Do you know how to stop severe bleeding from gunshot, knife or...